mercredi 25 avril 2012

The blog is back to life

Hi, my blog is now back after more than two months.

Before starting on the golf, I've learned two things in those two months.

First, take care of your body and your mind.
The reason I had to stop for two months is simple: a near-fatal double pneumonia that led me to spend a full month in intensive care (20 days in a medical coma and 10 days for the body and mind to digest the really heavy medication I received.) When my mind fully came back, I was not able to stand on my feet, I had lost all my physical strength, about 25 pounds of muscular tissu.

The combinaison of stress, fatigue and getting sick can be deadly, so don't feel ashame to rest, or spend a few days off to free your mind and rest your body. And don't hesitate to see your doctor. I'm lucky that I'm only 30 years old, physically active and a non smoker, and even then, the odds of me surviving were pretty low... probably less than 5%.


Second, nobody cares how much you know until then know how much you care.
This is a tribute to the medical staff and doctors that saved me. They worked really hard on my case, spent sleepless nights trying to find the bacteria that was causing my illness. They haven't found it yet, but kept believing that they could win this battle that became personnal: medical staff vs the bacteria.
They probably are still searching to identify the bacteria through all the database that they accumulated. It might end up in the American Journal of Medecine someday and help save some lives without having to inject so much medication that too, could be fatal.

It's great to live in a world where people care to help strangers survive. There are no bonuses for the medical staff that helped me... they did it because it's their passion and it was visible on their face when I visited them last week.

The next time I step on a golf course would definitely be special... and I owe it to them, the medical staff of Pierre-Boucher and Charles-Lemoyne Hospitals.


2 commentaires:

  1. Bon rétablissement et bravo pour votre blog très instructif pour les parcours de golf en Belgique aussi!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. God bless you, Philippe...we're glad to have you back posting on GCA...good health to you and thanks to your medical staff.

    RépondreSupprimer